[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

magnifier vs. classic tc (magnifier modeling)

----------
From:  Bert Hickman [SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, March 18, 1998 7:00 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: magnifier vs. classic tc (magnifier modeling)

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

John,

Thanks for presenting a very interesting and informative experiment! The
1:1 "equivalence" between your classic and magnifier with effective
"k"'s of 0.18 is extremely interesting and valuable information! Also
encouraging was the observation that quenching doesn't appear to become
dramatically more difficult in a tightly-coupled driver as long as you
have a relatively high inductance ratio. This implies that even static
gaps may be practical for smaller magnifiers. Somewhat discouraging was
no apparent performance difference. But again, I must remember that
there's no free lunch on Chip's list. :^)

Another piece is beginning to fit into the puzzle... Thanks again for
sharing some valuable experimental results!

-- Bert --