[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Building advice -Reply

----------
From:  Dale McLane [SMTP:Dale.McLane-at-epa.state.oh.us]
Sent:  Tuesday, March 17, 1998 11:58 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Building advice -Reply

To:  Ed Sonderman

Thanks for the reply, perhaps some additional info and clarification is in order:

1)  Dr. Hall's plans are contained in the "Surefire Tesla Coil Cookbook".  I have not bought the plans
yet ($24.95 + S&H), and was wondering if anyone on the list had used the plans and built a coil
according to his specs.  Uses an 8" PVC form, but don't know other details.  I visited his web site on
the Tesla Ring at http://home.sprynet/halldo/teslaord.htm.  Any comments as to whether these are a
good set of plans would be appreciated......?

2)  Also ran off a copy of the TCBA subject and volume index.  Plan on subscribing in the near future.
 Any suggestions or comments as to which back issues would be helpful in building a "most bang for
the buck" TC using a 15 kv neon trans. as a power supply would also be appreciated.

3)  For the uninitiated i.e. myself, and others who may be in "lurk mode", what is the function of a
"Tank Circuit" ??

4)  It it possible to build a "tuneable variable frequency TC" that would work on certain frequencies, I
realize that there probably harmonics all over the place, but........?

Regards,

Dale