[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

30 BPS, 60 BPS tests

----------
From:  Bert Hickman [SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent:  Tuesday, March 17, 1998 9:07 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 30 BPS, 60 BPS tests

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

<SNIP>

John,

Sorry - I've got to agree with Malcolm and Rob here...

With the base of the secondary coil grounded, a typical coil/groundpath
resistance of less than 1 kOhm, and typical coil and terminal
capacitance of 50 pF, the amount of time that any residual static charge
to fully dissipate would be a maximum of 250 nSec. The bang-to-bang time
is about five orders of magnitude longer than this... No residual ES
change will be there. Other gas-discharge phenomena under repetitive
sparking conditions are much more probable explanation for varying
spark length...

-- Bert --