[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Where do I get Tungsten welding electrodes?

----------
From:  Matthew Mills [SMTP:mattmills-at-mindless-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, March 16, 1998 8:18 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Where do I get Tungsten welding electrodes?

Hi I have been reading the posts lately and see that someone recommended
tungsten tipped welding electrodes to be used for rotary spark gap
electrodes.  I went into a welding supply store the other day and asked
if they had any of these.  All they had were 2% Thoriated (guess that
means radioactive!) 2.4mm diameter X 120mm long welding electrodes
(rods) and also 1.6mm diameter of the same length.  I guess this is not
what someone meant.  Maybe Malcolm Watts could help me seeing as he and
I are from the same end of the world (New Zealand).

Matt.