[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Kansas Teslathon

----------
From:  Gary Johnson [SMTP:gjohnson-at-ksu.edu]
Sent:  Sunday, March 15, 1998 8:55 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Kansas Teslathon

I have a large shop near I70 south of Manhattan, KS.  The nearest neighbor
is about half a mile away, so Tesla coiling is not a problem.  I keep
reading of Teslathons in Virginia or California, and wishing that there was
one closer.  If anyone out there is interested in coming to one at my shop,
please e-mail me.  If I get any response, we will try to find a mutually
agreeable Saturday between now and October for a get-together.  The local
ham club uses my shop as a launch site for high altitude balloons (80,000 to
100,000 ft) a few times a year, and I know some of them would love to attend
a Teslathon if people would bring in some working coils.  Admission would be
a bag of chips and a 2 liter bottle of pop (or equivalent).

Gary Johnson