[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

??SECONDARY??

----------
From:  gweaver [SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Friday, March 13, 1998 12:05 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: ??SECONDARY??

The 3 secondary coils were placed inside of one large primary coil.  I used
the primary coil for my 10" TC.  Coupling should be very close to the same.
All 3 coils were the same diameter, same length, same wire size, same number
of turns, wound in the same direction, close wound, same distance from the
end of the PVC pipe, same distance from the primary coil, parallel to each
other and 90 degrees to the primary coil.  The primary coil is 1/4" copper,
1/4" spacing between the tubes, 14.5" inside diameter, flat wound.

When I moved the 3 secondary coils 6" apart I had to place all 3 coils on a
sheet of plywood 2" above the primary coil.

I am planning to build 3 or 4 secondary coils 4" dia 36" long and space them
on a 12" circle to simulate a 12" coil.  Another project, another day.

Gary