[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Modeling a magnifier

----------
From:  John H. Couture [SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, March 12, 1998 12:42 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Modeling a magnifier

  Antonio -

  I do not think the ground side of C3 should be hard wired to L2 as this
does not truly represent the TC secondary circuit. Your test circuit should
include an actual toroid (C3) in space with the earth (or metal plate) as a
ground. I do not believe there will be any oscillations because the
radiation resistance (Rr) will be greater than
   sqrt(4L/C)    After the gap has quenched (one shot) the toroid will
remain charged and will discharge as an aperoidic wave.  However, the
question is "To what voltage should the toroid be charged in the test?" I
have not been able to find anything on this in the literature.

  John Couture

At 03:30 PM 3/9/98 -0600, you wrote:

While