[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

??SECONDARY??

----------
From:  gweaver [SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Tuesday, March 10, 1998 11:28 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: ??SECONDARY??

I noticed in my experements with 2 coils, one wound over the other.  If the
bottom and top 2 wires are not connected to anything and the TC is turned on
the 2 coils arc to each other at both ends.  If the bottom 2 wired are
connected the top 2 wired arc to each other.  If the top 2 wires are connect
then the bottom 2 wires arc to each other. The arc length is determined by
how far apart the 2 coils are. It seem alittle strange to me that 2 coils
produce a voltage difference.

I also tried another experement.  2, 3 and 4 secondary coils in parallel.
All the coils are exactly the same diameter, length, same number of turns
and same wire size.  If the top and bottom of the coils are not connected to
each other and not connected to anything else the coils arc to each other at
both ends. If the coils are connected at the bottom but not the top they arc
to each other at the top.  If the tops are connected the bottoms arc to each
other.  If the coils are moved farther apart the coils still arc to each
other at the ends. I had 3 coils 6" apart, the coils were 4" dia. 13" long
wound with #24 wire.  I got 6" sparks between all the coils at the ends.
When I connected all the coils in parallel they appear to function like one
larger diameter coil.  The 3 coils in parallel not connected at the top will
arc to each other and produce 18" sparks and streamers at the same time.
One large toroid on top of all 3 coils works and acts like a larger size TC.

I hope this asnwers your question.

Gary Weaver