[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

primary hold down's

----------
From:  teslaman-at-juno-dot-com [SMTP:teslaman-at-juno-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, March 07, 1998 7:42 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: primary hold down's

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998 23:08:27 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:

>----------

Walt

  I'll bet there are many ways, but what I do is drill 1/4" holes below
each notch where the tubing will lay.  Then use small zip ties through
the hole and over the tubing.  Very secure and easy to do if you stack
all the supports together first and then drill the holes using a drill
press.  It takes a lot of ties, but small ones are pretty cheap for a bag
of 100 ties.

Kevin E.
>Hi, I'm working on the form for my 1/4" refigerator tubing primary.
>I'm planning on using 1/4" polycarb for the support fins. I've got the
>
>calculations made on where to notch the plasitc in order to create a
>nice uniform  30degree slope and 15 degree rise with 1/4" spacing
>between turns, but what I don't have is, what can i do for holding the
>
>tubing into the notches? I don't want to just let it lay there, do I?
>
>I'm not so sure that adehesive is a good idea, is it? How is holding
>the
>tubing into the plastic commonly done?
>Thanks, Walt Kulpa

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]