[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cleveland Surplus House

----------
From:  Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D. [SMTP:msr7-at-po.cwru.edu]
Sent:  Friday, March 06, 1998 3:22 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Cleveland Surplus House

Hello All,
Skip said:
>I was once told that there is an old warehouse in Cleveland which houses
>a very good surplus house. Does anyone know its address and/or telephone
>number.
        I have the scoop on this since I live near Cleveland OH.  The
company goes by two names: R & D Electronics (216-441-5577), which has a
mail order catalog worth getting, and Electronics Surplus, Inc.
(216-441-8500).  They have a small store open six days a week.  A bit pricey
but some things are good buys.  They also have a web site
http://www.electronicsurplus-dot-com.
        They have a rather neat warehouse of old stuff in the flats of
Cleveland, and they have a warehouse sale normally on the last Saturday of
the warm months of the year (it is unheated).  This year it is scheduled for
May through September.  Let me know privately if you plan to venture to one
and need directions.  Not much high voltage stuff, but good buys on variacs
and old test equipment are found there.  I picked up several HP signal
generators (the great 40 pound tube jobs) for under $20 each.  If you have
specific requirements, send them E-mail or call them since they continually
turn over their stock.
Regards
Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.