[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Neon Protection - More Scope Pictures and More Testing

----------
From:  Antonio C. M. de Queiroz [SMTP:acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br]
Sent:  Tuesday, March 03, 1998 7:18 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Neon Protection - More Scope Pictures and More Testing

Terry wrote:

>         I have been doing more testing with a RLC transformer protection
> network useing the VI probe to record scope pictures.  RLC networks seem to
> have problems!  Perhaps I used poor values or did something wrong?  Will
> have to check results with spice, when I have time, to be sure the actual
> measured results are correct! :-))

Your voltage probe appears to not have a compensation for the poor frequency
response that results if you connect a high resistance resistor to a load
that has some capacitance, even parasitic (with that construction, possibly
you can add a small capacitance in parallel with the resistors by placing
an adjustable metal plate in the other side of the circuit board).
You don't say also what are those operational amplifiers, that may be not
fast enough for accurate measurements.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq