[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

D & B , last part.

----------
From:  L.Robertson [SMTP:LWRobertson-at-email.msn-dot-com]
Sent:  Tuesday, March 03, 1998 11:18 PM
To:  Tesla Builders
Subject:  D & B , last part.

Bert and all ...

While using 4 inches of spark, and no DC input,
voltage on the big cap would equilibrate at several
thousand volts, as the charging effect and the
average discharge current through the spark path
became equal, I suppose.

I kind of fell into this experiment by accident, and
am not equipped to measure the voltage, but it is
certainly less than 10,000 volts.

I gradually increased the spark length to 12 inches,
and added power to the DC cap until I was getting
about two strong bolts per second. The effect seemed
to scale up as I went - at 1 foot the bolts were
about 1/2 inch in diameter, were louder but deeper
in tone than the regular sparks, and were kind of a
pearlescent white. I had mounted my aluminum foil
covered toroid, and each bolt drilled a tiny hole in the
foil. EMP as observed on a small (expendable) portable
TV about 30 feet away was significantly higher
than the regular sparks, but didn't seem ruinously so
at this small scale.

I guess if I set up to do it properly in the future,
I'll bring a spectrum analyzer to get a better idea
of what the EMP is up to, and from where it is being
radiated.

Meanwhile, back to the main pursuit from which I got
sidetracked - the elusive DC drive.

LR