[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Paper on NST connection and stresses

----------
From:  Barton B. Anderson [SMTP:mopar-at-mn.uswest-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, March 01, 1998 2:45 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Paper on NST connection and stresses

Terry, nice experiment! Pictures say a thousand words, don't they! I agree that
the cap is working a great deal harder when connected across the xfrmr and that
the xfrmr is getting pounded, but I wonder if performance is degraded simply to
protect the xfrmr?  I personally like the waveform when the cap is across the
xfrmr as far as the capacitors oscillations back and forth through the primary
is concerned. But with cap safety gaps and potential or distribution xfrmrs, I
wonder if it is really a problem. Any comments from the big xfrmr buffs?
Bart