[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magnifer & rotary problems

----------
From:  Barton B. Anderson [SMTP:mopar-at-uswest-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, June 27, 1998 10:17 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Magnifer & rotary problems

Greg, Bill, and all,
Thought I'd add my 2 cents here.
I'm running a 10kva, 6 joule capable system utilyzing an all alluminum 8
electrode rotory on an 1800 sync setup. I built it from on-hand materials.
I'm using 1/4 inch copper electrodes which extend .75" out from the outer
ring. It spins on an insulated shaft. It has performed nicely and does give
me a good feeling knowing the electrodes are very secure (safety measures are
used regardless). So far, the electrodes have barely warmed. I am using four
G6 fiberglass covers over the flywheel and electrodes to aid in quenching. I
still have plans to upgrade to a G10 disc setup, but FWIW, alluminum
flywheels can perform very well.
Bart