[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

3/4" vs. 1" primary on 30 Kw system ?

----------
From:  Bert Hickman [SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, June 27, 1998 1:00 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 3/4" vs. 1" primary on 30 Kw system ?

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Daryl,

I'd agree with your assessment. Once the sparks start flyin', I suspect
you'd be hard pressed to tell any performance difference. To some extent
it also depends upon Fo and the tank cap he's planning to run with. For
example, if he's using relatively few (say 3-6) primary turns, he'd be
better off with 1" tubing, since his Ip will be significantly higher,
and the primary's skin-effect resistance may become a significant
contributor to primary losses. If he uses lower tank capacitance and
more primary turns (say 10-15) to get the same Fo, then either 3/4" or
1" should work fine.

-- Bert --