[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

neon trannie loading?

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Sunday, June 21, 1998 7:46 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: neon trannie loading?

Hi Jeff,

Could be although I still reckon high voltage kickbacks are the major
problem. Any NST matched to the TC primary cap for resonant charging
will tax the current limitation of the windings. I can run coils
quite happily for several minutes at a burst on NSTs.  Resistors will
de-Q the charging circuit somewhat.

Malcolm