[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Small tesla coil (1sq ft) findings

----------
From:  Jim Fosse [SMTP:jim.fosse-at-bjt-dot-net]
Sent:  Friday, June 19, 1998 11:50 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Small tesla coil (1sq ft) findings

[snip]
>This post makes me think it could be time to resurrect Robert
>Stephen's suggestion of a competition for small coils. I would
>definitely be a starter in the bang for buck stakes. Whatthinks?

Good job Jeff!

It definitely perked my interest. My 8 year old son keeps asking me if
he can take my tesla coil to show-and-tell. Well; with 60" arcs from a
15kV -at- 60ma. neon and a sound like a berserk chain saw I don't think
that it would go over well in the class room;) (I haven't even fired
this latest coil with my pig yet)

But, a small little 12" coil would be perfect for show-and-tell and
table top demos. I may just build one today.

	cheers,

	jim