[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magnifer & rotary problems

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, June 18, 1998 1:25 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Magnifer & rotary problems

to: Mark

Polycarb is not a good rotor material choice.  It will not take the high
heat generated with the cap discharges.  G-10 is a glass laminate phenolic
(green in color) and works well as rotors.  Also, machine the electrodes
for a very tight press fit -- do not use any type of adhesive to hold them
in place.  The different thermal expansion values for glues and rotor
materials will cause rapid failures which could injure you or a friend if
the rotor explodes.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net