[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Big Secondary

----------
From:  dwight duncan [SMTP:duncand-at-ccsalpha2.nrl.navy.mil]
Sent:  Wednesday, June 17, 1998 11:49 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Big Secondary

Hi All,

    It has been a while since I have signed on but I think I needed a
break.  Now that I have made a 3 KW magnifier system and had great success
with it I am going to move on to other things.
    What I have in mind is a large coil, essentially modeled after what I
know about Nemeses.  I propose a secondary that is on a polyethylene drum
and is 24" dia. with a 30" winding length. The toroid will be 8x36" and the
primary will be a flat spiral, a .08mf Maxwell cap and a 2400 rpm, 12 point
rotory gap with Elconite stationary electrodes.
    All of this may be under powered by my supply which is 10 Kv -at- 300 ma,
but it is all the supply I can afford at the moment.  With the shipping
cost of a 10 KVA pig and the ballast to go with it is just out of my reach
at the moment.  I think even with 3 KVA I won't be disappointed with such a
large coil and a small aspect ratio.

Any comments are very much welcome,

Dwight