[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Warthog coil pictures

----------
From:  Robert W. Stephens [SMTP:rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com]
Sent:  Tuesday, June 16, 1998 10:16 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Warthog coil pictures

<snip>

> This coil has been pushed to 14 kw, and can go further.
<snip>
> Specs on the Warthog:
<snip>
> Primary: Approximately 11 turns of 1/2 inch copper tubing, 15 degree conical

Bert & Bill,

Go out and rent a pavement roller and drive over that 15 degree
conical primary.  For what you are trying to achieve now, a perfectly
flat spiral can be adjusted to give just as much K as your coil will
stand while also giving you a bit extra clearance that you will now
need for maximum voltage holdoff.

On the new proposed 'bigger' big topload, Here here! : )

Good luck, BTW I really enjoyed the Warthog pictures!

Robert W. Stephens
Director
Lindsay Scientific Co.
RR1 Shelburne, ON Canada L0N-1S5
Tel: 1-519-925-1771   Fax:
*Custom built Tesla coils, etc., for museum display
 and special effects work.
*Canada's largest publicly accessible wall-to-wall
 indoor lightning show...by appointment.
*Future home of Electric Science World,
 educational/entertaining Theatre of Electricity.
*Antique TV Museum...in search and acquire mode now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Inquiries welcomed! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~