[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Griffith Park TC and "Odin Coil"

----------
From:  Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, June 12, 1998 11:43 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Griffith Park TC and "Odin Coil"

<<
 Michael Baumann asked if any others had been inspired into coiling by the
Griffith Park coil. I was, for one, as I mentioned to Bill Wysock yesterday.
It really made a lasting impression, as evidenced by how accurate my
recollections were after about 40 years.

 On another subject - Michael Tuchnott asked about bipolar coils, and that
reminded me of an article in an old electronics magazine - I don't remember
which - that described not only a Tesla coil but one that they referred to as
an Odin Coil. The Odin Coil appeared to be a horizontal Tesla coil with the
primary positioned around  the middle of the secondary, and a  discharge
sphere wired to each end. Is that similar to a bipolar Tesla coil?

 Terry Perdue

Terry,

To my knowledge, yes that is correct.  A friend of mine (David Lawrence) is
building one of these.  He has the secondary and primary built but has a ways
to go before firing it up.

Ed Sonderman