[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

effects of spacing secondary windings

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, June 07, 1998 3:58 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: effects of spacing secondary windings

to: Clay

With this size coil it is not necessary to space the windings.  Just use a
good 3 kV PVC insulated stranded wire for the coil (approx 16-18 AWG) and a
good toroid on top.  The best performance will be achieved with the largest
diameter that you find practical for your environment, ie, perhaps 24 or 36
inch dia with a height/dia ratio of approx 4.5:1 at this power level.  The
tradeoff is that the larger diameter requires a larger toroid such as a 36
x 8 1/2 inch size which is quite expensive for a home system unless you
make it out of ducting.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net