[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary resonance freq

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, June 06, 1998 1:40 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Secondary resonance freq

to: Marco

The lowest freq is your true resonant freq.  The other freq's are "partial
resonances" and tend to absorb some percentage of the applied power.  This
is one reason why large toroid toploads work so well with resonance
transformers.  The toroid topload will force the coil to operate with most
of its energy at the primary resonant freq, ie, 324 KHz, and reduce the
energy in the other resonances to very low values.  A 12 x 3 toroid will
work well with your 4.3 inch dia. sec inductor.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net