[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

model of a spark

----------
From:  richard hull [SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, June 04, 1998 7:30 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: model of a spark

At 09:32 PM 6/3/98 -0500, you wrote:

>----------

I reply to very few posts now as time is precious to me, but this one is
most interesting.  One can see from the old idea of the spark channel
actually being capacitive that to transfer maximum energy to the spark we
might want to match impedances.  To achieve this we might want to make Ctop
close to Cspark.  .1cm is 1mm.  I think this is a bit thin for the whole
channel cross sectional radius. I would double or triple it to .3 CM.  The
channel has its lowest impedance internally at the center, but the tube
curent is non-linear in cross section, thus, it goes complicated and a
simple tube equation might give only order of magnitude approximations.
Still, spark impedance matching would demand the larger (giant) terminal
capacities the TCBOR has pushed for the last ten years.

Richard Hull, TCBOR