[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary resonance freq

----------
From:  Marco Denicolai [SMTP:marco-at-vistacom.fi]
Sent:  Friday, June 05, 1998 1:11 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Secondary resonance freq

I measured yesterday the resonance frequencies of my secondary. It is a
4.3" diameter PVC tube, winded for a length of 19.7" with AWG 26 wire.
I got the following results:

324 KHz
813 KHz
1475 KHz
1766 KHz
2053 KHz

These without any top toroid or sphere. I used a function generator (sine wave)
and oscilloscope.

I was waiting to measure the fundamental and all odd harmonics (x3, x5, etc.)
but can anybody explain to me how I have got the above readings?

 Marco Denicolai                   Vista Communication Instruments, Inc.
 Hardware Development Manager      www.vistacom.fi

 marco-at-vistacom.fi                 Kaisaniemenkatu 13 A
 fax:    +358-9-622-5610           SF-00100 HELSINKI
 phone:  +358-9-622-623-15         Finland

   Remember, Murphy was an optimist! I am not...