[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Help, I am building a xfmr for my TC

----------
From:  ESchulz531-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:ESchulz531-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Tuesday, June 02, 1998 7:25 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Help, I am building a xfmr for my TC

	I am using an iron core from a NST and 24 gawg wire for the secondary.  I
should be able to fit at least 6000 turns onto the secondary.  If I wind fewer
primary turns I get to wind fewer secondary turns for a desired voltage.  I
need to know how many primary turns I can use and get away with it.  I want to
wind as few primary turns as possible so I don't have to wind to many
secondary turns.  I am going to run it at least at 2kw.  I am thinking about
30 primary turns?  In the old NST there was 220 turns.

Thanks for the help.

Erik