[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

813 tube coil

----------
From:  Scott MacGregor [SMTP:smacgregor-at-aasp-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, June 01, 1998 9:40 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 813 tube coil

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

You provide 10V to the pins, and the filament resistance will limit the
current to 5 amps. A good way to increase the life of your tubes would
be to use a 5 amp variac to provide heater power. Increase the voltage
to the tube slowly till you reach 10 volts. This prevents "shocking" the
filament with a sudden inrush of current.

--

Regards,
Scott MacGregor EES,Co.