[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dummmmy Load (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:14:18 -0600
From: terryf-at-verinet-dot-com
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Dummmmy Load (fwd)

Hi Bill,

        I only know of one stage performer Harry Transator (I am not sure
that name is correct) who has been killed by a Tesla coil.  I think he
touched a part of stage framing that was grounded and the primary voltage
arced though to the secondary and through him resulting in ventricular
defibrillation.  (no CPR back then).  I am sure others know the details
better.  This is the only incident I have heard of.  It is important to keep
track of such things so that the rest of use can learn and avoid the same
fate.  Of course, connecting yourself to hundreds of thousands of volts
driven by the local power grid is not recommended!  Bill Wyesock is very
expert and he understood and assumed the risk.    No one should try this
sort of thing who isn't very expert, has friends around who know CPR, and
like those medical shows suggest, do the demonstration in the lobby of the
hospital's ER.
        Tesla's pictures are double exposures.  Tesla didn't like the idea.
He thought it was sensationalistic.  His coil would have very easily injured
on killed him and he knew it.

        Terry Fritz