[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How to rise the secondary? (vmax x power) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 05:58:29 +0000
From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: How to rise the secondary?  (vmax x power) (fwd)

  Antonio, All -

  I was pleased to see that you added the "loss_factor" because most coilers
usually use only the theoretical equation.

  The "loss_factor" is the key that converts a theoretical equation into an
empirical equation that represents the real world coils. However, this
factor may be a loss or a gain depending on the TC parameters and how they
are changed.

  Any programmer who wants to make a TC program that designs real coils will
have to find these factors for his program. The factors must be based on
tests of real coils. The JHCTES program contains these factors and this is
what makes the program unique.

  John Couture

At 10:13 PM 7/18/98 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]
voltage is affected by the amount of input wattage.