[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 30 9 mil gaps, great quenching (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 18:51:53 -0600
From: terryf-at-verinet-dot-com
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: 30 9 mil gaps, great quenching (fwd)

At 10:11 AM 7/17/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 06:17:28 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Larry Bud Melman <gasman-at-althea.a-line-dot-net>
>To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: Re: 30 9 mil gaps, great quenching (fwd)

SNIP....................

>	Excellent!  I'm sure glad I had the bravery to ask the question
>about that to the theoreticians out there (I was almost too chicken,
>since the time I've been on this list (couple months), the talk has been
>that any coil of significant size, expected to perform to any real degree,
>*had to have* a RSG, and I wasn't looking particularly forward to making
>one...)

SNIP
>						Clay

Always feel free to ask questions!  A lot has changed recently and many of
the "old" answers are no longer valid.  The discussions of spark gaps,
streamer behaviour, 1/4 wave theories, etc. were all old questions that
fired up many new answers.  We just needed a spark to get it started!

Just don't ask about "raising the secondary"!  :-))

        Terry Fritz