[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Output arc lenghts (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 19:40:06 EDT
From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Output arc lenghts (fwd)

<< ubject: Output arc lenghts

 Is there anyone out there who is willing to take a guess at the maximum arc
 lenght I could get from a 4nF primary cap run at 11Kv (rms), I'm thinking in
the
 range 6", but if anyone knows better I'd be V.greatful to hear from you.

                                             Steve

Steve,

There are several factors involved here.  What size is the secondary, what
toroid size, how much current will your transformer put out?  I have a small
3.0" dia coil with a 12" toroid and .005 mfd capacitor that will put out about
18" sparks when powered with a 12kv 30ma transformer.

Ed Sonderman