[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Newbie questions (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 23:37:29 -0600
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Newbie questions (fwd)

to: Terry

Don't place the cap in parallel with the supply NST unless you have a death
wish for the NST.  This data has been well documented by many coil builders
and also in Terry Fritz's articles.  DO use some protection for your NST
even when placing the spark gap in parallel with  the NST.  A good choice
is a 500 to 1000 Ohm, 25 watt resistor in series with a 50-60 turn inductor
on a 3-4 inch dia. PVC pipe.  One of these in each leg (off each bushing)
will help protect your investment.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com