[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rock salt and RF grounds (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 10:24:22 -0700
From: Jim Lux <James.P.Lux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Rock salt and RF grounds (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]
Why bentonite? It's quite dense and has interesting flow properties in a
slurry making it useful for drilling mud, but I wouldn't think that very
relevant for a grounding. Were you looking for something absorbent, and
it happened to be available at a low price (like you could dig it up
somewhere else for free?). Clays, in general, have fine particles which
make them good for grounding rod kinds of applications according to one
of my references. For instance, would Fuller's earth or diatomaceous
earth work as well?