[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How to rise the secondary? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 00:34:28 -0500
From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: How to rise the secondary? (fwd)

On Tuesday July 14,  I wrote:

> John,
>
> I hope you can be as suprised as I was when I made this physical test.  Take an
> average TC that can produce a solid 8 foot discharge, even on holidays.  Take a
> straight piece of copper wire, aluminum , steel or even a salty piss trail on an
> otherwise insulating rug  that equals the let's say 8 foot output spark length.
<snip>

All,

To my horror I see that I may have unintentionally created a potential
safety issue in my above advice.  I was merely trying to point out that any
form of conductor connected to the topload of a TC to simulate an
attached streamer is going to cause a considerable tuning change in
the system as compared to non-breakout conditions.  Note that I DO
NOT SUGGEST THAT ANYONE URINATE ON OR NEAR THE
DISCHARGE TERMINAL OF THEIR TESLA COIL!!!!!

Gee I hope nobody tried this.

Robert W. Stephens
Director
Lindsay Scientific Co.
RR1 Shelburne, ON Canada L0N-1S5
Tel or AutoFax: 1-519-925-1771
*Custom built Tesla coils, etc., for museum display
 and special effects work.
*Canada's largest publicly accessible wall-to-wall
 indoor lightning show...by appointment.
*Future home of Electric Science World,
 educational/entertaining Theatre of Electricity.
*Antique TV Museum...in search and acquire mode now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Inquiries welcomed! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~