[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Am I Right ? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 20:36:22 -0400
From: quantum3 <quantum3-at-geocities-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Am I Right ? (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>          Over the last few years I have been investigating and
> experimenting, I have evolved my own general way of looking at TCs
> which I find extremely useful in designing a system to meet particular
> requirements.
>
> > Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 02:36:43 -0400
> > From: quantum3 <quantum3-at-geocities-dot-com>
> > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject: Am I Right ?
> >
> > I think I understand now what is going on inside the Tesla coil, but
> > correct me if I am wrong.
> > We need to achieve maximum current transfer through the primary coil
> > (Tesla coil). To achieve this we  need to achieve resonance between the
> > primary and secondary coils. Maximum current transfer occurs only at
> > resonance where the impedance is at the lowest level. With nearly zero
> > resistance  to current flow, maximum field can be achieved and induced
> > directly into the secondary winding.
>
> Since overcoupling in the RF sense needs to occur for a coil to work,
> one can take as granted that energy from the primary cap (minus
> some losses) ends up totally in the secondary and terminal self
> capacitance. From this point of view, di/dt doesn't really enter the
>
> Malcolm

Thank you Malcolm I believe I understand what you are suggesting. From
your point of view the secondary coil has certain characteristics  of
self capacitance, as most coils do. as a result -regardless of the
operating frequency resonance and output power is suggested only by the
perimeters of design.

Thanks Again. Fred