[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rock salt and RF grounds (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 06:31:58 -0500
From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Rock salt and RF grounds (fwd)

> Date:          Tue, 14 Jul 1998 14:54:33 -0600 (MDT)
> To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: Rock salt and RF grounds (fwd)
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Adam,All,

I've done this myself.  Putting salt in the soil around a ground rod
makes the entire salted  area _absorb_ moisture and that, plus the
ionic current carrying capabilities of salts in solution  actually creates a
virtual ground rod that is much larger in diameter which can have much, much
more effective surface area to the surrounding earth composite.  Salt
doesn't mean just sodium chloride (table salt or rock salt) in this instance.
You can use potasium chloride, or copper sulfate, and I'm sure any number of
chemical salts that a Chemicist would be familiar with.

All choices of ground rod metal and the salt used should be
checked for compatibility.  The salt could quickly eat away and
dissolve your buried ground system.

Robert W. Stephens
Director
Lindsay Scientific Co.
RR1 Shelburne, ON Canada L0N-1S5
Tel or AutoFax: 1-519-925-1771
*Custom built Tesla coils, etc., for museum display
 and special effects work.
*Canada's largest publicly accessible wall-to-wall
 indoor lightning show...by appointment.
*Future home of Electric Science World,
 educational/entertaining Theatre of Electricity.
*Antique TV Museum...in search and acquire mode now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Inquiries welcomed! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~