[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coilforms, sealants/glyptal (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 01:02:33 -0500
From: "Barton B. Anderson" <mopar-at-uswest-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Coilforms, sealants/glyptal (fwd)

Clay,
Gotta respond here because I have built my coil using the same tube form. It's basic
sonotube at 12.5" diameter. I used polyurathane inside and out as well as spar
varnish on top of that inside and out after winding. I have had no problems with
this configuration of mixtures.The important note about these tube forms is to
ensure you have seriously sealed the tube from moisture penetration, regardless of
what it is you use. I have not used glyptol (yet) but I'm sure it's a fine sealer
and does the job adequately from others experiences with it. As far as your
fiberglass composite, I think electrically your ok, but moisture penetration would
be the area of concern. Possibly your ok, however, a little "something" prior to the
fiberglass couldn't hurt.
Bart