[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Voltage/Length (fwd)

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, February 04, 1998 12:18 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Voltage/Length (fwd)

to: Greg

I will check my notes but I believe the total cap including electric field
was closer to 200 pF.  We were running at 14.4 kV RMS with resonant peaks
in the primary measured at approx 24-26 kV.  No where near the 50 kV you
mentioned.  Output was at 985 kV in the one-shot mode and in the RSG
"running" mode the streamers were solid connecting at 9 ft. with some at
11-12 ft. but only very intermittant.

Hope El Nino is slowing back a bit but I see a low parked right off the
coast that should supply you with 2-3 more storms before it's over.  I
image the shipyward is getting a bit "muddy"?? or are you on pavement (read
small lake by now).

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net