[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Output Voltages

----------
From:  FutureT-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, February 04, 1998 8:05 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Output Voltages

<<
> Greetings All,
>                  Based on the various measurements, ideas and
> theories that have been espoused, I would be most interested in
> knowing what kind of consensus list members arrive at in determining
> just how high a voltage Tesla really reached in his CS magnifier
> system. Given that figures for lightning quoted from various sources
> suggest around 30MV typically, could Tesla ever have reached 10MV?

> Interested,
> Malcolm

Malcolm,

My opinion is that Tesla achieved 500 kV, I don't see how the voltage
could go very high with all the spark loading and losses in his system.
I suspect that powerful coils achieve their spark lengths more through
power than voltage.  I don't think the voltages in a magnifier are any
higher than in a classic Tesla coil.

BTW, did you ever get a change to measure the break rate of your
system over the Christmas holiday?

John Freau