[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

winding your own transformer

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Tuesday, February 03, 1998 2:48 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: winding your own transformer

Question to David on cores:

<snip>

> The ETD-34 toroidal ferrite core is a Magnetics core
> part no. P-43434-EC-00/P-43434-EC-XX where
> XX is the desired core material listed as numbers 20, 21,
> 22, or 23 - depending on the desired core material.
>
> No. 20 - AL = 135
> No. 21 - AL = 195
> No. 22 - AL = 285
> No. 23 - AL = 410

Q - are those Al values  in nH/t^2  or 10nH/t^2  ?  There seem to be
two standards used in the industry. I think Amidon use the 10nH
figure whereas Philips use the nH figure.
    Apart from the obvious difference in permeability between the
cores quoted, what are the frequency characteristic differences? I am
guessing that these are the 10nH figures and the cores are ungapped.

?
Thanks,
Malcolm
<snip>