[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Death Ray - a serious proposal ;)

----------
From:  Scott Stephens [SMTP:stephens-at-enteract-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, February 02, 1998 11:11 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Death Ray - a serious proposal ;)

At 03:32 PM 2/1/98 -0600, you wrote:

>----------
>From:  Alan Sharp [SMTP:100624.504-at-compuserve-dot-com]

>I don't think I'd want anyone to try this given that
>mixing water and electricity usually ensures a swift
>and early demise. But I thought you would all enjoy it.

>GIGANTIC DEATH-RAY PROJECTOR
>Build yourself a squirt gun. Power it with a couple hundred
>PSI air compressor...

>another cable.Install the entire thing in the main terminal of a
>large TC.

Someone beat me to it. Just wait till they start making ultra-violet
injection laser diodes. Just ionize a path through the air with UV...

After watching the microwave oven plasma ball, I was thinking the same trick
might work with it, using a microwave beam to stress the air in a path. But
it would be more difficult, requiring the means to ignite a plasma and
couple energy to it, and not cook yourself with the microwaves. But the
effect should be quite stunning.

Along similar lines, I could post instructions I recently discovered for
building your own improvised nuke, with a TV set, and some depleted ore.
Interesting article, but I'll have to kill you after you read it ;)