[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Current Limiting

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, January 31, 1998 7:25 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Current Limiting

to: Jim

Another resistive element that works good is a resistive grid stack used to
control large electric motors before all the SCR's came out.  Sometimes you
can find them in large motor repair shops doing their duty as a boat anchor
hence you can get them for a very low price or scrap value.  They do
dissipate a lot of heat so don't plan on using them in the summer in a warm
climate.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net