[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Folded Resonator

----------
From:  Jim Lux [SMTP:jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, February 23, 1998 11:21 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Folded Resonator

> ----------

Time to build that Faraday cage out of chicken coop wire to make those
measurements in a quieter environment.... The aviary netting isn't ideal
for shielding (because the wires go in and out of the inside, potentially
carrying interference through the "wall") but I've had good luck in general
with it. I built a bunch of panels out of wood 2x4's, stretched the chicken
wire acrosss it, and lashed them together to make a "field reconfigurable"
screen room for testing.  Not as nice as the copper room I used to work in,
but it attenuated the outside RF environment by some 50 dB (up to at least
30 MHz, anyway. After that it sort didn't work too well. Didn't do too
great with 60 & 120 Hz either, but great for BC band stuff around 1 MHz).