[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Voltage Multiplier

----------
From:  Alan Sharp [SMTP:100624.504-at-compuserve-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, February 23, 1998 3:22 AM
To:  INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Voltage Multiplier

Max wrote
>I have two H&R transformers wired antiparrallel but I'm still not
>satisfied with the voltage output. Has anyone used a voltage multiplier
>setup on a tesla coil? If it would work I could get a more reasonable
>supply voltage, and would not have to close the distance on my gap just
>to make it fire! These transformers have good current output but  they
>are lacking when it comes to voltage.

Max I have a similar problem - my transformer is 5500v 350mA. I boosted
the voltage output by putting some inductors in the mains supply path,
the loose inductance resonates with the tank capacitor. Details are on my
web page:

http://ourworld-dot-compuserve-dot-com/homepages/AlanSharp

Obviously this cannot be pushed too far.

Have fun,

Alan Sharp UK