[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pancake Primary (fwd)

----------
From:  SBJohnston-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:SBJohnston-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, February 18, 1998 2:49 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re:  Pancake Primary (fwd)

Jim wrote:

>Also check out your local supper market for 3/8" to 1/2" HDPE
>cutting boards - about $8 (U.S) for a 16" by 12" sheet.
>Use a hot glue gun to tack the "wire" into place.

A neat idea, but my coil is too big to benefit from just one.  Maybe I could
place 4 of them at the 90 deg points for support of the larger primary...

My calculations (considering .01 uF as the favored capacitor value for my
xfmr) lead me toward 15 turns, 10" of windings, inner one 20" diameter, outer
one 40", for a value of about 220 uH - plenty of room to experiment up and
down in frequency.

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston-at-aol-dot-com