[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

secondary coil wire (fwd)

----------
From:  Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, February 18, 1998 10:17 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: secondary coil wire (fwd)

<< >
 >I have a similar question in regard to the primary. In using 1/4" copper
tubing, can two or more pieces be spliced together by "swaging and
 soldering"? I haven't been to the store yet to see if 1/4" couplings are
 available either. I'm wondering if this type of connection poses a
 problem as opposed to using a single continuous piece of tubing?

 Thanks, Walt Kulpa

I found a simple method is to find a smaller piece of tubing to slip inside
both ends of the tubing to be soldered.  This will keep both ends perfectly
aligned.  Add flux and solder and wipe off clean.  Works well.

Ed Sonderman