[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A tragic coil

----------
From:  Aaron Cake [SMTP:cake-at-execulink-dot-com]
Sent:  Tuesday, February 17, 1998 2:32 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: A tragic coil

>Powered by a car battery and ignition coil about 10Kv output.
>A static spark gap in series with the primary of 7 turns (.5 inch spacing
>between turns) of uninsulated copper wire .8mm diameter

>A capacitor 630v .01uf in parallel with primary behind the spark gap (next
>to coil)

That's the problem. Use a 'cap rated for at least 15Kv.

-----
Aaron Cake
London Ont.

cake-at-execulink-dot-com
http://www.execulink-dot-com/~cake/index.html

http://www.execulink-dot-com/~cake/aaronsserver.htm
The above is a gateway to my very own Web and FTP server. You must use this
gateway to access the server.
HOME OF THE ONE AND ONLY *REAL TIME PAGER DECODER*. View pager transmissions
over the Internet!

Page me at http://wwp.mirabilis-dot-com/884261
------

"Alright, who peed in the gene pool?!"

I charge $50.00 for all unsolicited commercial email sent to this address.