[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Poor Form? (fwd)

----------
From:  Thomas McGahee [SMTP:tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com]
Sent:  Sunday, February 15, 1998 2:43 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Poor Form? (fwd)

Chuck,
An excellent example of Dumpster Diving! Thanks for passing along the tip.
You can also find such polyethelene containers at many kinds of factories.
Here on my street it looks like every other resident is using one as a big
garbage can. They are everywhere. You just have to keep your eyes open.
For smaller coils there are a number of commercial garbage cans that work
quite nicely. Some of these have perfectly parallel sides. Know how I found
my local source for polyethelene drums? I noticed a neighbor had one as
a trash can, and I asked him where he got it. He got it from work. A bit
more conversation and he said he'd get me one, too. And he did. I also
found out where he works. Every so often I go by there to see if they have
thrown any more out.

I have noticed some great looking coil forms disguised as large plastic
flower pots at the local garden supply. That is also where I pick up
round brass hanging plant containers that I use for discharge electrodes
for my Van de Graaff generators (Not collectors, but grounded discharge
electrodes... for making those loud white snappy sparks)

Hope this helps.
Fr. Tom McGahee