[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: parabolic dish primary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 23:02:24 -0800
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: parabolic dish primary (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Jim,

Interesting speculations, Jim! However, the operating frequency of Tesla
Coils is much too low to see this type of effect. The entire primary and
the entire secondary are actively involved when oscillating during
resonance. However, during primary:secondary energy transfers, the
primary couples only to the bottom-most portion of the secondary. The
actual shape of the primary is really not very critical...

-- Bert --