[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Can you have too much air through a SG? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 16:43:48 GMT
From: Jim Fosse <jim.fosse-at-bjt-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Can you have too much air through a SG? (fwd)

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:33:53 -0700 (MST), Tesla List
<tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>, you wrote:

> [...]

During my low shot rate (1 - 10 bps) experiments last week, using a 9
gap cylindrical gap, I found that I obtained my longest secondary
discharges with my vacuum cleaner blower at 20% voltage on my variac.
Above or below 20%, the secondary spark shortened.

After I return from Yosemite Nation Park, this weekend, I'll measure
the voltage across the gap to see what effect the airflow rate has on
the strike and extinguish voltages.

	jim